Thursday, September 9, 2010

Burdens lifted

This week, I have had two academic burdens lifted from my schedule.

For starters, my sociology class has a service learning project. I finally decided to talk to my professor (seeing the project is wanting you to appreciate exactly what I do for a living). He agreed to let me count the hours of my job for my project and allow me to do my paper on the social problems my patients face. So, my project is half done (where as, I don't believe any classmate has even begun their project). So thankful for that.

The second thing that was lifted is from my neuroscience lab. No term paper! The goal of this pilot class was to essentially do a semester-long experiment. The problem with that was that we were eliminating one component that the professor really wanted us to study (behavior). So, he reorganized the entire class and we are now studying behavior, not doing a semester-long experiment, eliminating the term paper and doing four different two-week long experiments throughout the semester. I think this will work out much better. (And, it will make it easier for us in the long run, I hope.)

This week in class, I have my first exam of the semester: New Testament. The following week, I have a sociology exam, biological psychology exam and a film quiz (which should be considered an exam but she calls them a "quiz"). Things are starting to get going here...getting busy! Soon enough, I'll be done with my undergraduate course work -- and I'm so excited! (Something like 29 weeks maybe? Haven't started the countdown yet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment