Sunday, September 19, 2010

If I were to invent something...

Today, as I was making lunch (orange-rosemary chicken...very delicious), I was getting frustrated with the cookie sheet that I was using as the sides of the pan began to kick up and warp under the heat. It would not have bothered me except for:
1) there was liquid in the pan that the chicken was being cooked with (and was moving around in the pan as I was pulling it in and out of the oven)
2) the liquid was greatly complicating things as it was a) hot and b) the pan was warped

I was explaining my frustrations to Jon, for whom I was also cooking this meal for. He suggested that I should invent a pan that does not warp under heat.

I think it's brilliant! I should do it. However, I do not have the know-how to do this kind of thing. This is not the first (nor will it be the last) time that I have had this issue. I made a quiche for dinner on Friday night. I placed the pie crust onto a baking sheet and it, again, warped under the heat and rendered and uneven top to the quiche, which I was disappointed with.

So, if I were to invent something, I would invent a baking sheet that does not warp under heat. As I continue to spend more time in the kitchen, or in the world of EMS (or the "real world), I may discover something else that I think should be invented. If I come across it, I shall share it with you and maybe someone who has the know-how of how such a thing should be created will read this and can do it. All I ask is that I get some of the credit (and, of course, some of the royalties ;) ).

No comments:

Post a Comment