Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Good bye summer, hello fall!

September 21 is the last day of summer. That makes tomorrow, September 22, the first day of fall. And, unfortunately, because I live in Boone, this means that winter is closer than ever. If you were to know me, you were to know I do not like this. I prefer the heat (to a point, anyway) and I greatly prefer to stay away from the cold. So, as the cold approaches, here are a few things that you may hear me refer to or reminisce about over the next few months (or the next 8 or 9 months, since the winter cold months are long here).

These things I will miss:

Vanilla Soft Serve Ice Cream Cone Clip Art
Ice cream
Flip flops
Sunshine!


These things I do not look forward to:


The cold weather
Snow

However, it is not all bad. Here are somethings that I will look forward to:

Blankets
Hot chocolate...yummy!
No school!
Scarves

I realize some of these things are contradictory (for example: the dislike of the snow but the desire and enjoyment of no school, which requires the snow to fall); however, you must realize that because I am female, I have every right to be complex and complicated. If you have further questions about this particular topic, I refer you to Jon. He can either answer your questions or just confirm the statement that I have made.

Spring is a distant memory. Summer is fading. Fall is upon us and winter is fast approaching (and hopefully it will be kinder to us this year than it was last).

No comments:

Post a Comment