Sunday, March 13, 2011

Spring break, part 2

Spring break flew by! It's strange to think that this is really going to be the last spring break I have as a student. If I do, in fact, go into teaching, I will continue to have them...just from the employee side. So, here's how the rest of the week went...

Monday, I worked a 24-hour shift. It was exceptionally busy but the night was wonderful. We slept all night but we're not too sure if it was as a result of a truly slow night or if it was due to the pagers not activating (there were LOTS of issues with them all day). Either way, I was happy to take it.

Tuesday, after I got cleaned up from my shift, Jon and I spent the morning and first bit of the afternoon looking at apartments. We settled on one that we loved, filled out an application and are currently waiting to hear if we get it. The one that's on "hold" for us at the moment, the current tenants move out on April 30 and with a 5-day turnaround from the apartment complex between tenants, it will work out well with our desired move-in date of May 8 or 9. I also had dress fitting number 1. It went pretty well and it should be finished the last week of March. I'm excited!

Wednesday, I had to head off to work for meetings and training. It was fun and informative (helped me catch up a bit on what I've been missing out on over the last few months that I've been in school).

Thursday, I had my eye appointment. Turns out that my eyes are much better than I thought...but, my eyeball is so messed up that it distorts my vision. I need to go back and order my lenses and such next time I go home (that's the thought, anyway). After that, I tried to get my car inspected and the oil changed but...it would have been a 3-hour wait. So, I said no to that and decided to come back later in the week. That afternoon, I went to pick up Jon so we could go look at the bouquets and flowers that my wonderful friend is doing. It all looked amazing!! I'm so excited to see it all finished. That evening, we went to dinner at Pei Wei before going to see a movie (Megamind). It's the first date night we've had in quite a while. It was really nice.

Friday, I had a dentist appointment...fun, fun. Jon and I had premarital counseling and have now completed that and have the blessing of our pastor to get married! After that, we went to my main EMS station (which is the holder of the front office folks) to find one chief in particular. After making a few attempts to get a hold of him during the week and being unsuccessful, I was finally successful that afternoon. I talked to him a bit more about coming back full-time and he gave me my offer letter, officially extending the unofficial offer he had extended 2 months ago. This also meant that I could prove to the apartment complex that I would be able to pay rent and such. Later this evening, my bridesmaids threw a bridal shower for me. It was so much fun and I am so thankful for all the people who came and were so generous with gifts. It will help make my new home with Jon even homier.

Saturday, I had a bridal shower to attend. This one was for one of my bridesmaids who happens to be getting married 2 weeks after me (hers was planned first but she told me to go ahead and go first if it worked out that way...works better for her in the long run as she will be moving half-way across the country after the wedding). It was so much fun to see her smiling and laughing and enjoying this time of being engaged. It is really a lot of fun! After the shower, I attempted to get my car inspection done and oil changed. It took maybe 45 minutes to get both done. (So glad I waited until Saturday to get it done.) After that, I attempted to have a lazy afternoon and get my things ready to return to Boone.

Sunday, after losing an hour of sleep (due to the lovely time change), I still managed to get up, pack the car and make it to church on time (and even technically "early"...though it was "on time" for me). After church, it was off to Subway for lunch and then to Jon's parents' house to get his stuff packed and head on our way back to school. We got here this evening, unpacked us both and made a grocery run. Hopefully we'll be set for the next few weeks before returning home for 2 weekends in a row to work and get wedding stuff accomplished (i.e.: dress fittings, bridal portraits, etc).

This week looks to be relatively busy for me with 4 quizzes for various classes. Next week looks even more fun with 2 tests (on the same day, no less...good planning, profs! haha...) and at least 2 quizzes. However, after we pass a rainy Monday and Tuesday, the rest of the week (through Saturday) looks fabulous!! 50, 60, 67 and 62 are the highs for Wednesday through Saturday. I can definitely handle that! :-)

82 days, 16 hours. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment