Sunday, March 6, 2011

Spring break, part 1

I am on day 3 of spring break -- and I've gotten a fair amount of stuff done during these last few days.

Jon and I came home on Thursday after his last class of the day. His last class wasn't held so we were able to get home at a decent hour, which was quite nice. Friday began early for me as I got up for an appointment with my eye doctor that never happened. I went there only to find out that they had been trying to call me for the last week to say the doctors would be out of town and needed to reschedule. The only problem was that they were calling the non-existent house phone at my parents' house. My appointment has subsequently been rescheduled to this coming Thursday. After my visit to the eye doctor's office, I had an appointment to get my hair cut with Janelle, someone who I have known for years but has never cut my hair. It's been several months (5, to be exact) since I got it cut. I also wanted to discuss the possibility of her doing my hair for the wedding. She said she'd love to -- and she liked what I had thought of, so we're on the same page for what's going to happen, I think. :-)

Following my new hair cut (really, just a trim), I had lunch with Dad. It's something we used to do often when I lived in Raleigh but we haven't done it in a while. After lunch, I was off to collect Jon so we could head off for the first 2 hours of our premarital counseling with the pastor who will be marrying us. The session went well and we have one more this coming Friday, hopefully getting it all finished up then. Before work on Friday evening, I went with Jon back to his house to hang out for a few hours and have dinner with him and his parents. Work was mostly uneventful, which was nice. Only 1 call for the 12 hours. I have a feeling I'll be paying for that with my shift tomorrow.

Saturday morning, I got up and got ready at the station before heading to Jon's house again. I had to collect him so that we could get some engagement pictures done. We went out to Yates Mill County Park and to a horse farm just down the road from it. Our photography, Patsy, brought her sister (aka: assistant and pack mule) and niece (who's about my age) to the session. It was a lot of fun, more than I thought it would be simply because I hate being in front of the camera. We had a great time and I'm excited to see some of the pictures in a few days! I'll be sure to do a post with a few soon after I get them.

Today, I went to church in the morning followed by a nice lunch at my grandmother's with Dad and Jon. Homemade soup and barbecue sandwiches. T'was good. :-) This afternoon is looking rather lazy as I gear up for a very, very busy week.

Monday: work for 24 hours
Tuesday: apartment hunting with the soon-to-be husband and wedding dress fitting #1
Wednesday: work training/meeting
Thursday: eye appointment (for real this time) and maybe more apartment hunting with Jon
Friday: dentist appointment, possibly working on getting my passport, more premarital counseling, a bridal shower for me that my bridesmaids are throwing
Saturday: bridal shower for one of my bridesmaids who is getting married 2 weeks after Jon and I

Somewhere in there, I need to address and stuff invitations so that I can get those out. Lots to do but really excited about it all!!

89 days, 20 hours, 10 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment