Saturday, March 26, 2011

70 days and counting....

70 days from today, a mere 10 weeks, I will be a married woman! It is kinda scary (in a good way) to think about it.......but so incredibly exciting! We continue to make progress in planning for the big event. The hope is that 2 weeks from now, there will be beautiful weather in the Raleigh area (praying for a fabulous day) so that I can get my bridal portraits taken (really excited about that!). We are still making progress of solidifying our housing once we're married. I have now officially been released from my lease obligations here in Boone as of May 1. That is exceptionally exciting -- at the most, we'll be paying 2 rents at a time if Jon is unable to find someone to sublease. (Even then, he is paid up through the end of his lease -- so it's already taken care of.)

School is moving along. 6 weeks from today, I will be a college graduate which, let me tell you, is a wonderful feeling at this point. Less than 5 weeks of class remaining plus a few days of exams are all that stand between me and finishing undergrad! Mixed in there will be two relatively involved papers, a few exams, lots of busy work (that's all thanks to one class) and MOVING (I hate moving...lots). However,

I have made significant progress on one of the papers, of which the first draft is not due for nearly 2 weeks (highly unusual for me). The "funny" part of this that I used the paper to procrastinate other homework and studying. Ironic, isn't it?

I have already started packing up the things I can in the boxes and totes that I currently have up here. Next weekend, Jon and I will be making our way home so I can have a dress fitting and so that I can work some of my required April hours. The plan is to bring the rest of my packing materials back up with me and finish the job. As much as I hate to pack up and move, I am excited about the future and what moving will end up meaning (getting married, spending the rest of my life with my soon-to-be husband...you get the point).

I may have already mentioned this, but I'll mention it again -- I have my full-time position back with the county. The offer was officially extended to me while I was home on spring break. I am thankful that they were willing (and able) to give me my job back. As tough as I think it will be going back to work on a terrible schedule full-time as I begin married life, I am glad to know that I will have someone waiting at home who understands some of the tough parts of my job (as best as he can) and is always willing to sit and listen to whatever I have to tell him. At some point before May 16 (my official start date), I will find out my shift: A/B/C (24-hour) or D/E (12-hour). I'm hoping for the 12-hour (daytime) -- but I'll take A or B shift as well. Hopefully, I will be able to get one of those shifts.

In other news, we've had a lovely run of gorgeous weather for the last week or so until Thursday of last week. It has turned back to the bitter cold with chances of winter precipitation. Currently, we are under a winter weather advisory with chances of freezing rain, sleet and snow tonight through Monday. I am now thoroughly confused by the weather that we have seen this year. We have already hit 70 degrees in Boone...and now we're digressing back to freezing stuff?? I thought we were done with this for the year. Obviously, I was very wrong. I'll be glad to be back in the Raleigh area for the next winter season. It is much more predictable and (generally) there are less dramatic changes in weather. Having grown up there, I can handle just about anything it may want to throw at me. At this point, I'm ready to see the warmer temperatures come...and stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment