Thursday, December 30, 2010

Exciting news!

I have some exciting news!

My wonderful boyfriend, whom I love dearly, asked me to marry him this afternoon. And, believe it or not, I said yes! :)
Jon and I after he proposed
Here's the story: Jon and I went out this afternoon to go bowling and spend some time together before he heads off to Canada to visit family for a few days (need to "dose-up" on him because I'm just going to miss him too much). We played two games of bowling (one of which I won, thankyouverymuch ;) ) and then headed out to go to the park for a walk.

We walked down to the water and saw it was still frozen. We were trying rocks at it to test the thickness of the ice (not that we were thinking it would be a great idea to go out there...because that would be purely stupid). He decided to have a "competition" to see who could throw a rock the furthest. He went first. And then I threw mine (he totally won that, by the way). But when I turned around from throwing my rock, he was behind me on one knee with a huge grin on his face and he had a ring in his hand. I'm thinking my face was kind of funny because he started giggling (almost like a schoolgirl) and asked me if I would marry him.

After saying "I don't know" (like he's been convinced for the longest time I would say) simply because I was expected to, I told him "yes".

And Wes was there! He was hiding and capturing it on film (a little shaky and yeah). He took a few pictures after the fact.

So, I'm getting married!

And in case you wanted to see a close-up of the ring that my amazing fiancĂ© picked out all by himself, here ya go:

1 comment: