Friday, December 31, 2010

Good bye 2010, hello 2011!

Today is the last day of 2010. I do this thing every year where I can't possibly imagine that the year is over because when I was at the beginning of it, I was thinking that next year will never come and that time moves so slowly! However, in the blink of an eye, time has flashed forward and here we are at the point that we prepare to greet a new year.

This year has been full. Very full. I spent 10+ months in Boone and in a classroom (summer school = fun. not.) which gave me a fantastic summer weather-wise...but not so much life-wise (Jon was the only "life" I had outside of school). I spent 1/4 of the year snowed in (or it at least felt like I was). I went longer than that without seeing grass...or even the ground. White stuff (i.e.: snow) was my blanket for weeks at a time. I finished my fall semester with a mere 14 credits remaining in my undergraduate career. Made it on the dean's list both semesters (the summer sessions don't count) this year. I have cooked and baked until I was blue in the face (figuratively)...and this pleased Jon greatly (the cooking and baking part). I have worked to save lives and make people feel better (and perhaps I've done well with that). Lastly, but definitely the most exciting, I got engaged to my wonderful, amazing, handsome, adorable and sweet (now) fiancé yesterday. :-)

So, 2011...what will you hold? School is a given as I head back to complete my final semester at Appalachian State this spring. Work is another given as I have my first shift of the new year on Monday. White stuff is likely another given seeing as in less than a month, Boone has received more than 27 inches of snow (and I had an 8 inch dump here while I was home). Wedding planning will be added into the mix as Jon and I try to settle on a date and work towards starting our lives together as husband and wife. The rest is a mystery and I will do my very best to be flexible (me, the planner, flexible.....we'll see how that goes).

So, good bye 2010! You've been a great year.

Welcome 2011! I can't wait to see what you have in store for me. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment