Saturday, December 11, 2010

Trouble with exams

As luck would have it, the winter is already being problematic. Last weekend, we had quite the snow storm with some lovely ice mixed in there. As a result, the first two blocks of classes on Monday were canceled as well as everything after 5pm. I had to leave town that afternoon to appear in court and I'm glad I didn't stick around for my 3pm class as the weather seemed to quickly deteriorate after I left at 2pm. Tuesday, the university was "open" but it was reading day so it really didn't affect anything. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday were exam days and everything was held as normal.

This weekend, we are supposed to get another impressive storm with ice and snow and single-digit temperatures (brrrrrr!). As a result, the university preemptively canceled all exams on Monday and has tacked them on to the end of the exam week, Wednesday. This was quite frustrating for a lot of people, myself included. I understand the reasoning behind canceling (for the sake of safety) but doing this three days beforehand...I mean...c'mon. As Jon said, just watch and there will be nothing and they'll look like idiots.

For the reason of safety, I completely understand...but, for me, this would mean that I have the last exam on campus (6pm) and would not likely be able to leave until Thursday because of the cold and weather. However, I am thankful that my professor put the exam online and thus I will be able to get it done this week and not have to stick around until Thursday. Yay!

As far as exams go, I have four classes finished with three to go. I had my sociology exam on the 2nd, my neuroscience lab final on the 3rd and my New Testament exam this past Wednesday. My research "class" didn't have an exam. Currently, I'm working on my history and systems final (the class I was most worried about). Tuesday morning, at 9am, I have my bio psychology final. My last one is on Wednesday morning at 9am for film class (it's a presentation -- so, really, I'm done after Tuesday!).

I'm ready to go home to find a bit warmer weather. That will be a nice change. And, hopefully no snow. My car needs a bath and would like to stay clean for a few weeks, I do think.

No comments:

Post a Comment