Saturday, February 26, 2011

My family history

For some reason (and I have no idea what or where it came from), I was suddenly inspired to research my family history. I'm guessing part of it comes from the lack of motivation to do my school work for the week just before spring break (I mean, c'mon...it's time for a break!). However, how this particular topic came to me, I don't know.

I remember that many years ago (like, grade school...I think it was 4th grade) I had an assignment to make a family tree. Mom did the "digging" and asked my grandparents who our ancestors were and we made a poster that I still have at their house. I think I'm going to dig it out when I get home at the end of this week.

However, in the interim, I did some digging on my own on the internet and was able to trace my maternal grandmother's history back to the 1600's. I recognized a lot of the names from my poster that I did way back when...and it's really neat. I was able to go back 12 generations (which was a surprise to me).

I think I have found a new hobby. Maybe I'll be able to trace some of the other branches of my family. I'm excited about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment