Thursday, November 25, 2010

It's Thanksgiving!

A day of running around to different houses to see lots of people, eat lots of food, get really stuffed...and then roll back home and into bed and sleep the rest of winter.

Today, however, I am not going to talk about my Thanksgiving traditions but rather some of the things I am most thankful for.

I am thankful that I was raised in a Christian home and brought up in a Bible-believing church where I came to know Christ as my Savior. Without Him, I would have no true purpose. He is the reason I have hope, life and can love.

I am thankful for my family. Despite the craziness that surrounds it, they are still family and I do love them.

I am thankful that I live in a free country. (I'm not interested in getting into politics here.) I know that freedom (for us...or anybody) comes at a cost. I am thankful for those who gave up their lives to better mine.

I am thankful for my job. It is a strange, weird, crazy, stressful, sometimes unsafe job...but I love it and I am so thankful for the opportunity I have to impact the lives of others in that tangible way.

I am thankful for my friends. They help keep me grounded and keep my head screwed on straight. They know I'm weird and like me anyway. I know I can count on them for anything -- and I appreciate that.

Last, but absolutely not least (probably my most favorite), I am so thankful for my wonderful boyfriend. I am thankful that he loves me no matter how silly I get or how much I tickle him. I am thankful that he appreciates my cooking...and really seems to enjoy it. I am so thankful for his continuous encouragement and support through school or other problems that I face. I am very thankful he is always there for me, no matter what. Period. I am thankful that he is so kind and loving. He has turned my life upside-down in the last 6 years (for which I am so grateful). I am excited for our future together. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment