Monday, February 14, 2011

It's Valentine's Day!!

So, here's the story:

My fiancé is the best. Really. This morning, I got a message from him to "come downstairs", presumably so I could let him in my apartment building. I walked downstairs to find him with breakfast and flowers and another bag...all for me.
My roses. :)
This picture doesn't do them justice!
So, I let him in and we enjoyed a lovely breakfast, compliments of the Bojangles kitchen. He remembered what I like and even got a sweet tea to go along with it. It was so nice, too, because I didn't feel like making anything to eat and, here it was, breakfast ready for me to enjoy.

He gave me these beautiful red roses that are now sitting prominently on my counter top. (They smell amazing, by the way!) He also surprised me with some valentine's socks that are seriously adorable. (For those who don't know, I am a sock junkie! I am always wearing them because my feet freeze so easily. I'm always up for cute and/or fuzzy socks.)

He gave me some mint chocolate chip hard candy (Baskin Robbins). He got me some at Christmas on a whim (not knowing that I used to LOVE this stuff but haven't had it in a few years). Looks like this will be the new "candy tradition". The other thing that he got me was a valentine. Ya know, like you used to trade in school with your friends and classmates? It's a Toy Story 3 one with a pencil! I started laughing when I saw it...but it was too cute not to. I almost feel like I'm back in grade school...except that I'm in college, I live on my own and am getting married in 109 days. The other thing he did for me (which was super-sweet seeing as he hates this chore) was wash the dishes I failed to do yesterday (for various reasons). That was really sweet and I appreciate it a bunch!

Yesterday, Jon got his Valentine's gift from me (because I wasn't sure we'd see each other today due to classes and studying for our various exams this week). He got a fleece sweatshirt that he told me later in the evening fit really well and that he liked a lot (I guess he got cold while doing his school work). He also got an adorable (at least I think it is) and super-soft bear that is holding a heart that says "kiss me". (So, what does he do when he sees that? He has a make-out session with the bear. Kind of scary, actually.) He also got some Hershey kisses (that's what he traditionally gets for holidays/birthdays/etc). It worked out well because the night before he was craving chocolate and had none. Now he does! I also made him a cake...
The chocolate-chocolate cake.
By no means does it look professional...but I tried. We both were too full after lunch yesterday (meatballs over egg noodles and rosemary focaccia bread) that we didn't have any. That will likely change tonight. Jon has offered to pick me up from class (because he doesn't have his second one today...again...grr) so that I don't have to wait on the silly bus to come and get me. I'm thinking cake consumption will happen tonight (with ice cream, of course). I'm hoping it tastes as good as it has smelled the last 2 days. :)

So that was my Valentine's Day surprise (and a good one, it was!). :) I hope you all have had one just as good as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment