Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Random thoughts strung together

I have a bunch of random thoughts that were running through my head last night during my insomnia run -- and some are still running through my mind today. So, I'll share them with you in a bulleted fashion. (Warning: one thought is not guaranteed to flow nicely into the next. You have been forewarned.)

  • When Jon and I get married, we have planned to take pictures prior to the ceremony so that we are not away from the reception for hours while we get all those necessary family pictures. This being the case, there will be a "reveal" that takes place between him and I. This will be his first chance to see me all dressed up in my gown, with my hair done and my face all made up. It will also be my first chance to see my soon-to-be husband that day -- and I couldn't get that out of my mind as I was trying to sleep last night. I was trying to imagine what his face is going to look like when he sees me. I was trying to imagine a scenario that I didn't cry in. I was trying to imagine myself with the gown and my hair/make up all done...in other words, imagine myself as a bride. I've seen the dress on me. I think I know how I want my hair. But, I haven't seen all that together. I'm rather excited to be able to see it all together. So, that was something I was thinking about (and if something was going to run through my mind and not let me sleep, I'm okay with that being it).
  • Jon is leaving me. But, he's coming back...don't worry (at least, that's what he's told me). He is leaving on Thursday of this week to go to Florida (Orlando, I think) for some graphic arts conference. He's going with a bunch of people from his department. The plan is for him to return home on Sunday afternoon/evening. While he's gone, I might end up taking over his apartment simply for the greater availability of television channels. Maybe I can find something that's not a soap opera, a home shopping show or a court show (i.e.: Judge Judy -- I like Law & Order types of shows).
  • 9 days from today, I'll be heading home. Home-home, that is. Spring break is fast approaching...and this pleases me! So much to do over break, though...I'm not sure I can actually call it a break. I'm working 2 days and 2 nights, getting engagement pictures done with my wonderful fiancé, I have a much-needed appointment with my eye doctor, getting my hair cut and talking wedding hair with my stylist, getting the first alterations for my wedding dress done, I have a lovely dentist appointment (hate that place), need to get my passport by then (if it doesn't happen the latter part of this week), Jon and I are going to be searching for apartments to live in once we get married, we will likely begin our premarital counseling (hopefully), I/we will (hopefully) be taste-testing cakes and cupcakes from our potential cake/cupcake maker and subsequently deciding on and ordering those things for the wedding, looking at the bridal bouquet and bridesmaids bouquets that my amazing friend is making for me, I will need to get an inspection done for my car (due in March), I will be packing and cleaning up my bedroom (or at least begin to), and last...but not least, my wonderful bridesmaids are giving me a bridal shower. Tired yet? Yeah...me too.
  • We have had some marvelous weather over the past several days. We got up to the 60's late last week. I have greatly enjoyed being able to open the windows (in February, no less) and get some fresh air in my apartment. It's been absolutely wonderful! The latter half of this week looks rather rainy...but!, it'll be a much warmer rain than we've seen in a long time since it's be in the 50's (and it's something we desperately need so we can get rid of this "red flag warning"/fire danger that is causing wildfires to spread like, well, wildfires. The only thing that I ask is that we have nice and beautiful weather when Jon and I have our engagement pictures taken.

I think that's enough random thoughts for now. I guess there was one common theme in all those points: my wonderful and amazing and sweet fiancé. I guess I can't help but talk about the person who I get to marry in just a short amount of time. :)

101 days. 22 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment