Friday, February 25, 2011

Ranch chicken

So, I'm sure that someone out there has come up with this recipe. No doubt. However, after some searching, I didn't find one like this and thus the experiment began! Unfortunately, my better half took off for Florida yesterday morning and left me here all alone so he didn't get to be the guinea pig for this recipe (he claims to enjoy it...I guess because he's getting fed and doesn't have to cook).

So, here's what I used:

  • 2 chicken breasts (no, I didn't eat all, or even half of that, but it's silly not to make enough for at least 2 meals for me
  • 1 cup of chicken broth (I used 1 cup of water and 1 chicken bouillon cube)
  • 1/2 package of dry ranch dressing mix
  • 1/2 cup of milk
  • Flour as needed
  • Olive oil

Here's what you do:
  1. Sear each side of the chicken in an olive oil-coated pan. (If you want, go ahead and cut the chicken up into smaller pieces. It will cook faster that way.)
  2. Mix together the chicken broth, dry ranch dressing mix and milk in the saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer until the chicken is cooked thoroughly and there is no pink left, and 20-25 minutes.
  3. Toward the end, add flour to thicken the sauce if desired.

Now, with this, I served some ranch rice. For this, you need the following:
  • 1 part rice
  • 2 parts water
  • 1/2 package of dry ranch dressing mix

Mix the ranch mix in with the water and rice. Cook as you normally would.

These both turned out well! I was excited! :) For dessert, I had a slice of lemon pie that I made yesterday. It was pretty darn good. I haven't made it in a loooong time. It was overdue to be made.

Also, we are in the official 2-digit countdown! 98 days and 20 hours to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment